Modeled this one after an actual salt and pepper chess set my mother put together for me some years ago. Making the pieces was *relatively* easy - just six total, then duping them to make enough of each piece for both the black and white sides. I had the hardest time with the materials and lighting. I'm still figuring out exactly how the transparency and mirror work together, and also which parts are specularity and which are reflection/gloss. I went with standard studio lighting, but it was awful. I think I played with the lighting for the majority of this project and I'm still not happy with how it came out. Moreover that I have no clue why the lighting is doing what it's doing in this render. Again, probably because of the materials. I've got to learn that system better!